Bob Lutz on winning the Car of the Year
So, what does "Maximum" Bob Lutz have to say about this award? The nomination can help move public opinion towards thinking that GM is a green automaker, but the company is still at a 3 or 4 on a scale that goes up to 10. What would move them to a 6 or a 7, Hammond asks?
"If we can put the Volt into production tomorrow and start selling 60,000 to 70,000 a year that would definitely do it," Lutz answers. Watch the rest of the conversation here.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models