The 15 most expensive cars of 2007; #1 could buy you 5 Veyrons
Perhaps it was due to this year being Ferrari's 60th anniversary, or rich folk just decided to put some of the best examples in play: eight of the top fifteen cars on the list are of the marque from Maranello. No other maker had even two cars on the list, although there were three cars that start with "D": Duesenberg, Delage and DeDion. Even the least expensive car on the list would get you a Veyron, a Murcielago, a down payment on a house, a Bentley GT as a winter beater, and an around-the-world vacation by private jet with spending money to spare: a 1932 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Corto that sold for $2.82 million.
[Source: BusinessWeek via Carscoop]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies