London chooses American buses for hydrogen fleet
Despite other projects in Europe using local manufacturers, London is buying ten American buses, made by ISE Corp, although five will have a fuel-cell system provided by Ballard (which already provides them for British Columbia) and five will have modified ICE engines that run on hydrogen. Both models will also have additional hybrid features, with batteries that will store braking energy.
The project is expected to cost about 10 million UK pounds (about $20 million), which includes a full 5-year warranty for the buses.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies