More power, less roof: TechArt Turbo Cabriolet
The added juice comes from new turbos, extensively upgraded intake and exhaust plumbing, and new engine management programming that ties it all together. TechArt also doctors the chassis, allowing the car to be lowered an additional 25mm via the factory PASM setup. Buyers can choose between two aero packages and the usual assortment of wheel/tire/interior upgrades, resulting in a bespoke convertible sports car with a top speed of 214 mph. Montgomery Scott not included.
PR pasted after the jump.
German premiere at the Essen Motor Show 2007:
The TECHART Turbo Cabriolet –
Technology and Art.
What is created through passionate precision and with the love of detail emphasises the respect towards an inimitable automobile. Dynamic driving through performance and optimum aerodynamics becomes an experience of the highest art with the TECHART Turbo Cabriolet on the basis of the new Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet. TECHART Automobildesign merges technology and art to produce a complete work.
Functionality and aesthetics are two inseparable components at TECHART Automobildesign. The 3.6 litre Boxer engine is modified in many details at TECHART. Two special turbo chargers, carbon suction pipes and made to measure intercoolers contribute equally to TECHART performance enhancement as the sport air filter and the stainless steel exhaust system with special manifolds and high performance catalytic converters. All modifications are perfectly coordinated using the newly programmed engine management.
Following the individualisation, up to 630 hp / 463 kW and a maximum torque of 820 Nm are available. From 0 – 100 km/h in less than 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 345 km/h, combined with fascinating contours that any enthusiast will immediately notice. The power transmission to all four wheels takes place via a modified six gear manual transmission with TECHART switch path reduction and additional gear oil cooling. Therefore, the cabriolet refined by TECHART is among the fastest super sports cars in the world.
These driving performances place the highest demands in the aerodynamically optimised exterior design. In the wind channel, TECHART developed car body components that lend the TECHART Turbo Cabriolet not only an unmistakable look, but also equally the best possible aerodynamics.
Within this framework, customers can choose between two versions.
The elegant front spoiler of the Aerokit I merges seamlessly with the forms of the bumper and conveys already at first glance pure sportiness. Aerodynamic lateral sills emphasise the stretched side line and lend the flank of the automobile the typical TECHART dynamism. The lowered rear diffuser with additional, lateral air outlets and the entirely redesigned wing profile of the extendable rear spoiler complete the inimitable exterior.
The same applies to the TECHART Aerokit II. The clearly sporty appearance with clear references to the TECHART classic sports car GTstreet cannot be overlooked. Independent Aerokit II front and rear aprons perfect direction of the air masses for an improved inflow of the brakes and the intercooler. At the same time, the buoyant force on the front axle is reduced in connection with the rear spoiler II, while the down force on the rear axle is enhanced additionally.
The electronically adjustable PASM shock absorption system in the new TECHART Turbo Cabriolet is further equipped with the TECHART VarioPlus threaded chassis. This frame not only permits the option of an individually adjustable lowering by up to 25 millimetres, but also the selection of shock absorber settings between "normal" and "sport" at the push of a button in the cockpit. But while driving, one is not restricted to these pre-settings. When driving in a sporting fashion, suspension in both levels automatically gets tighter. This achieves the optimum symbiosis between excellent comfort in normal driving and agile, direct handling when driving fast into the curve.
One of the great arts of TECHART Automobildesign is not only in the name of the refiner – the individual design work turns the full circle of the performance portfolio and mirrors the philosophy of the company. The finest and highest quality leather hides, the extraordinary attention in the creation and processing of the desired interior and the craftsmanship of the TECHART upholstery shop, matured over years, provide customers with the car created specifically for them with the certain nuance of their personal style.
Technology and Art.
Only if crafts tradition, tried and tested technology and passionate precision come together perfectly can works of masterful art be created.
TECHART Turbo Cabriolet on the basis of the 997 Turbo Cabriolet
TECHART Aerodynamic Kit I consisting of:
- Front spoiler lip, side sill, rear diffuser and rear spoiler
- TECHART Aerodynamic Kit II consisting of:
- Front spoiler, side sill, rear apron and rear spoiler
- Headlight shades / mirror shades / roof spoiler / air outlet grid in the front apron
Engine (for manual transmission and Tiptronic S):
- Performance enhancement TA097/T1 to 389 kW (530 hp)
- Performance enhancement TA097/T2 to 389 kW (580 hp)
- Performance enhancement TA097/T3 to 389 kW (630 hp)
- Sport exhaust system and flap exhaust system /
- End pipes in high gloss chromium and matt black
Power transmission (for manual gears):
- Sport clutch / switch shortening / ball bearing mounted switching paths
- TECHART VarioPlus threaded chassis
- Sport suspension set / sport stabilisers
- Strut mounting / spacing disks
- TECHART Formula / TECHART Formula II light metal wheels
- Front 8.5Jx20 with 245/30 R 20 ContiSportContact3 or Michelin Pilot Sport PS 2
- Rear 12Jx20 with 325/25 R 20 ContiSportContact3 or Michelin Pilot Sport PS 2
- TECHART Sport Braking System Plus
- VA: 390mm, 6-piston aluminium callipers, HA: 365mm, 4-piston aluminium callipers
- Steel flex brake kit
- Leather fittings
- Aluminium line (pedals, entrance boards, gearshift head)
- Steering wheels / sport seats / optic packages (interior components lacquered) / carpet fittings
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies