- Nov 17, 2007
Top five upcoming tech gadgets for cops
Many criminals today have tools to evade capture, and now tech companies are doing their best to help law enforcement catch up. License-reading cameras, infrared lights, GPS tracking, enhanced communications, and WMD sensors are just a few of the ways that cops are helping to get criminals, but law-breakers are constantly adapting their methods. Popular Mechanics analyzed all the new technology that is helping the good guys catch the bad guys, and they've come up with a list of the most cop-friendly gadgets. You can check them out after the jump.
[Source: Popular Mechanics]
1. Carbon Motors E7: A custom police cruiser option with bullet-proof panels and dash, WMD sensors, all the latest cameras, and more.
2. Project54 Voice Command System: It's SYNC for police vehicles, with voice commands for pursuit, radar detection, and license checks.
3. Automatic License Check Cameras: This pricey piece scans every license it passes, helping police find hit and run drivers, wanted men, and Amber alerts.
4. StarChase GPS Launcher: Its shoots a GPS-enabled projectile at the bad guys, which sticks to the vehicle and helps cops track it down.
5. Rumbler Intersection Clearing System: It uses eight-inch subwoofers to create enough base to notify drivers around the patrol car that they need to get out of the way.