US Official: US, China will likely sign biofuels pact Dec. 12
"China is a natural, as would be India, to enhance cooperation on biofuels" said Karsner. China is the third largest producer of biofuels after the US and Brazil which hold 80 percent of the market. China has also shown interest in creating a clean energy future but will the deal be substantial? Next month in Indonesia, 80 countries are meeting to discuss a replacement to the Kyoto Protocol. Karsner said he talked about that meeting with China but did not mention setting any binding limits.
[Source: Associated Press]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies