Lutz: Chevy Volt aero might have been better if we put it in the wind tunnel backwards
One of questions that went unanswered after the debut of the Chevy Volt earlier this year was the drag coefficient. Last night at a dinner with bloggers before the opening of the Los Angeles Auto Show, GM Vice-Chairman Bob Lutz provided a clue. While talking about the Volt he said that the production version would look different from the concept but will be recognizable as a Volt. When they put the concept into the wind tunnel it was a huge disappointment. Lutz said they might have gotten better results if they put it in backwards.
[Source: Bob Lutz]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX