High-end diesel VS hybrid, Audi A8L takes on the Lexus LS600h
So, what about performance? AutoExpress decided to pit the LS against an Audi A8L propelled by a 4.2L turbo-diesel V-8 and the Japanese luxo-hybrid came out on the short end of the stick. The Lexus offered it's usual level of silence and refinement but little in the way of character which is the Lexus way. On the fuel economy front the LS may be a hybrid but it's certainly no Prius. It averaged a mere 16.5 mpg (US) while the German competitor achieved 25 mpg (US). With comparable performance and a price difference £20,000 in the Audi's favor, it's no contest.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models