GlycosBio says it can make ethanol cheaper, months away from commercialization
The company's website, if this is the company website, has nothing there. The investor's website, DFJ Mercury, say they are in "stealth mode." According to this article, the pilot is expected to be complete "by the beginning of 2008" and "once we have the pilot running and working properly, (commercialization) is a matter of months," said Gonzalez. So how much ethanol could they make? 168 million gallons of ethanol if every drop of glycerin was used. How much ethanol is produced in the U.S? ...about 5 billion gallons. Nice try anyway, guys.
The process can also produce hydrogen so there might be a fuel cell-usable byproduct.
[Source: Ethanol Producer, United Press International]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies