SEMA 2007 VIDEO: Popular Hotrodding's Project X
With 19 magazine covers and a starring role in Hollywood Nights, Popular Hotrodding's Project X is the classic hotrod. Since 1965 it's been modified constantly, but GM wanted to take a shot at the vehicle it had created 50 years ago. The General started with a 427 crate engine, and added parts from production models like the C6 Corvette and even the Chevy Colorado. Seats come from the Cadillac STS, a new center cluster was added, and the giant steering wheel from a 1963 Impala SS rounds out the interior. We were there for the live unveil of the updated four-wheeled legend, and you can view some of the action by clicking play on the video above.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX