click image above for more pics of the Pontiac G8 SEMA Edition
Don't get us wrong, we're super excited about the Pontiac G8 entering production. There's little about this SEMA Edition of the Aussie-sourced rear-wheel-drive V8 sedan that adds to that excitement. It's basically a stock Pontiac G8 with a flashy orange paint job, orange accents inside and the same 20-inch wheels from the G8 concept. Pontiac says the GT SEMA Edition also includes a lowered sport suspension and upgraded brakes with drilled and slotted rotors. The main motivation is the same 6.0L V8 making 361 HP and 385 ft-lbs. of torque that will be found in the production car. That's a serious motor for sure, but for a SEMA car we would've liked something a little more exceptional.
Related GalleryPontiac G8 SEMA Edition
PONTIAC G8 GT SEMA EDITION
Designed for enthusiasts who are passionate about performance, the all-new Pontiac G8 performance sedan – arriving at dealerships in early 2008 – is the first North American application of GM's new global rear-wheel-drive architecture. The V8-powered G8 GT SEMA Edition was displayed at the '07 SEMA Show with a host of tuner-inspired custom touches, including a hot orange paint scheme with matching leather seat inserts, door panels and instrument panel pad.
Under the hood is the production 6.0L V-8, rated at 361 horsepower (268 kW) and 385 lb.-ft. of torque (520 Nm). A six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control backs the powerful small-block engine and complements a four-wheel independent suspension outfitted with unique 20-inch wheels and performance tires.
The G8 GT SEMA Edition car is equipped with production equipment that includes:
- Standard ABS and traction control augmented by high-performance HSV brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Seat-mounted thorax air bags and dual-stage frontal air bags for front passengers, with automatic passenger sensing system
- Roof rail side-impact air bags for both seating rows
- OnStar with available Turn-by-Turn navigation
- Power-adjustable front seats
- Fog lamps
- Quad polished stainless steel exhaust tips
- Rear lip spoiler
Augmenting the SEMA Edition is a series of modifications, including:
- Custom orange exterior paint
- Orange-accented interior components, including seat inserts, door panels and instrument panel pad
- Enhanced brake package with drilled and slotted rotors
- Lowered performance suspension package
- Twenty-inch wheels with performance tires
Distinctive elements include hood scoops and front fender vents, as well as projector-beam headlamps housed in crystal-clear lenses. At the rear, taillamps feature bright detail work surrounding the red lighting elements.