SEMA 2007: Pontiac G8 GT SEMA Edition
Don't get us wrong, we're super excited about the Pontiac G8 entering production. There's little about this SEMA Edition of the Aussie-sourced rear-wheel-drive V8 sedan that adds to that excitement. It's basically a stock Pontiac G8 with a flashy orange paint job, orange accents inside and the same 20-inch wheels from the G8 concept. Pontiac says the GT SEMA Edition also includes a lowered sport suspension and upgraded brakes with drilled and slotted rotors. The main motivation is the same 6.0L V8 making 361 HP and 385 ft-lbs. of torque that will be found in the production car. That's a serious motor for sure, but for a SEMA car we would've liked something a little more exceptional.
PONTIAC G8 GT SEMA EDITION
Designed for enthusiasts who are passionate about performance, the all-new Pontiac G8 performance sedan – arriving at dealerships in early 2008 – is the first North American application of GM's new global rear-wheel-drive architecture. The V8-powered G8 GT SEMA Edition was displayed at the '07 SEMA Show with a host of tuner-inspired custom touches, including a hot orange paint scheme with matching leather seat inserts, door panels and instrument panel pad.
Under the hood is the production 6.0L V-8, rated at 361 horsepower (268 kW) and 385 lb.-ft. of torque (520 Nm). A six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control backs the powerful small-block engine and complements a four-wheel independent suspension outfitted with unique 20-inch wheels and performance tires.
The G8 GT SEMA Edition car is equipped with production equipment that includes:
- Standard ABS and traction control augmented by high-performance HSV brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Seat-mounted thorax air bags and dual-stage frontal air bags for front passengers, with automatic passenger sensing system
- Roof rail side-impact air bags for both seating rows
- OnStar with available Turn-by-Turn navigation
- Power-adjustable front seats
- Fog lamps
- Quad polished stainless steel exhaust tips
- Rear lip spoiler
Augmenting the SEMA Edition is a series of modifications, including:
- Custom orange exterior paint
- Orange-accented interior components, including seat inserts, door panels and instrument panel pad
- Enhanced brake package with drilled and slotted rotors
- Lowered performance suspension package
- Twenty-inch wheels with performance tires
Distinctive elements include hood scoops and front fender vents, as well as projector-beam headlamps housed in crystal-clear lenses. At the rear, taillamps feature bright detail work surrounding the red lighting elements.
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models