Click the image above for more "Big Red"
Even though Chevy denies buyers a Z71 version of the Silverado 2500HD, it wants you to know how cool it could be. Say hello to "Big Red," powered by a 6.6-liter Duramax diesel backed by a six-speed Allison transmission, it combines a number of GM performance accessories with Rancho shocks and an "Earnhardt Red" paint scheme similar to that found on last year's NASCAR-legend inspired offering.
Chevy's full press release is posted after the jump.
Related GalleryChevrolet HD Crew Z71 "Big Red"
CHEVROLET HD CREW Z71 'BIG RED'
Taking cues from Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s "Big Red" Silverado that debuted at SEMA in 2006, the '08 Silverado HD Crew Z71 Big Red demonstrates how that expressive concept's unique features would look with production-type components. It combines numerous GM Accessories inspired by Earnhardt's Big Red and features additional custom touches. It also supposes the popular Z71 off-road package on the Silverado 2500HD – a model not offered by the factory. It's powered by the 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel V-8 and a six-speed Allison transmission.
* Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4
* Z71 grille and bumper; underbody protection
* Z71 badging on floor mats, sill plates and instrument cluster
* 6.6L Duramax diesel with Allison six-speed automatic transmission
* "Earnhardt Red" exterior color
* Lifted ride height
* Rancho shocks
* Ballistic nylon seat material
GM Accessories features (production and concept):
* 20 x 35-inch wheel-and-tire package (concept)
* Box storage management system
* Portable DVD player system
* Integrated loading ramp running boards
* Chrome door and tow hooks
* Light bar integrated in GMA box rail
* Fuel door (concept)
* Bed rug
* Two-way remote start
* HD billet grille
* Hood louvers
* Rear wheelhouse liners