SEMA 2007: Cadillac CTS Sport Concept
Cadillac is intent on branding the CTS as a performance player that can hold its own against the stalwarts of the segment, and until a V-badged version comes to market, those who have shunned its Germanic competition are forced to come to the party packing at most 300 ponies. The CTS Sport is a stopgap concept that brings the interior and exterior up a few notches, while boosting performance via a free flowing Corsa cat-back exhaust.
The majority of the tweaks come from a revised exterior that includes a modified hood, new front and rear fascias incorporating wire mesh and carbon fiber, along with a new spoiler, revised headlamps, polished dubs, yellow calipers and brake ducting with LED lighting. On the inside, the CTS Sport features thrones by Recaro, carbon fiber trim and BlueConnect Bluetooth integration wired into the headliner.
As a whole it certainly has our attention, even though our good taste has had to take a back seat.
Cadillac's full press release is after the jump.
CADILLAC CTS SPORT
As the new 2008 Cadillac CTS sedan garners critical acclaim, the CTS Sport concept puts a unique twist on this hot new luxury sedan. The CTS Sport concept suggests a customization theme emphasizing the car's performance character. The show car includes new front and rear fascias, a modified hood, rear spoiler and 20-inch wheels Recaro sport seats highlight the cabin. Performance is derived from a production-spec 304-hp 3.6L Direct Injection V-6 that exhales through a Corsa cat-back exhaust system with 3.5-inch outlets.
• CTS Sport concept
• 3.6L V-6 with direct injection
• Modified hood with wire mesh inserts
• Unique front and rear fascias with carbon fiber and wire mesh inserts
• Carbon-fiber front fender extractors
• Export-model taillamps and CHMSL with clear lenses
• Unique rear deck spoiler
• Headlamps with unique housing finish
• Roof-mounted OnStar antenna
• Brake ducting with LED lighting
• Polished, forged 20-inch wheels
• High-performance brakes with painted calipers and drilled/slotted rotors
• Carbon-fiber interior trim plates
• BlueConnect Bluetooth integrated into the headliner
• Recaro sport seats with leather trim
• Corsa cat-back exhaust with rectangular outlet tips and wire mesh inserts
- Biggest automotive sales disappointments
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models