Smokin'! Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI powered by CNG wins rally
The pilots, Beppo Harrach and Andreas Schindlbacher, drove a converted Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI running on CNG. They finished a solid 47.7 seconds ahead of the second-place vehicle. The win is believed to be the first for a CNG vehicle in an international rally championship event. The car averaged 104.8 km/h (65 mph) during the race.
These CNG Mitsubishis were entered the rally championship with a goal of finishing within the top ten, but they're exceeding expectations. This victory also secures the team a first place finish in the alternative fuel class division (IV) for the season.
[Source: RACC and NGV]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies