click above image to view all of the SEMA-bound trucks and CUVs from Ford
Ford has already told us
that its main focus at this year's SEMA Show in Las Vegas will be the new Focus. Nevertheless, the Blue Oval knows that the F-150 pays the bills and there's no faster growing segment than CUVs right now. As such, Ford will have a whole contingent of customized pickups and CUVs in Sin City at the end of month. On hand will be the Project 2008 F-150 FX-2 V2
sporting many items you can pick out from the Ford Racing parts catalogue, as well as set of nice looking 22-inch GT500-style wheels. There's also the 1951 F-Series pickup we told you about
a while back that was completed by the Make-A-Wish foundation for cancer patient Justin Lilley. Then there's the standard SEMA fare, including a low-riding F-150
and one that's jacked high up off the ground
, an Urban Rider Expedition
and Onyx black Navigator
, and customized versions of the Edge
and Lincoln MKX
Check them all out in the gallery below, along with Ford's own descriptions of what each has to offer the discerning tuner.
- DeBerti Lincoln Navigator L
- Who says you can't take it with you? This gorgeous black-on-black cruiser is like a luxury getaway, complete with fully reclining back seats that massage you from head to toe. Best yet, this Navigator keeps you connected with a Trac-Vision system by KVH that provides satellite television and internet access. Just sit back in the supple Katzkin leather seats and watch a movie, the game or play a game of your own. The Black L floats on a custom air ride suspension and looks out-of-this-world with deep black PPG paint, 3D Carbon wing, Street Glow under lighting and 26-inch, forged aluminum wheels with polished rims and black spokes.
Ford Edge by MRT-Direct
- Ford Edge by MRT-Direct
- MRT-Direct ups the "sport" in crossover sport utility with this extremely lowered and lavished Ford Edge. The 3D Carbon body kit is further accentuated with an MRT Leading Edge hood, rear fascia and black chrome exterior trim. The 3.5-liter turbocharged Duratec V-6 uses a Turbonetics air-to-air intercooler, MRT Aero turbine performance exhaust with calibration by Calibrated Success and Ford Racing Performance to drive all four 22-inch Boss Motorsports wheels and Dunlop tires. An H&R Street performance suspension keeps things under control. The performance theme is carried top the interior sporting Sparco Modena sport seats and Stewart Warner gauges. An ARC Audio system supplies the tunes while Ford's exclusive SYNC hands-free communications system lets you keep both hands on the wheel at all times.
Ford F-150 by ATS Design
- Ford F-150 by ATS Design
- Every trucker has an ultimate obsession. ATS Design partnered with an elite group of aftermarket manufacturers to bring their Ultimate Obsession to life. This radical custom F-150 features a who's who list of brand names from the Volant exhaust and air intake system on the 5.4-liter Triton V-8 to the dual Optima batteries under the hood. ATS provided the front valance, fender flares and roll pan with billet accents along while T-Rex chipped in the billet grille insert. Ford's Cargo Management System sits atop a Wise Industries bed rug and snuggles underneath the Snug Top tonneau cover. A McGaughy's suspension drops the truck two-inches over 22-inch KMC Lorenzo wheels wrapped in Pirelli rubber. The Katzkin leather interior will be rockin' to the sound of a Sony premium sound system while the little truckers are entertained with the Sony DVD system and monitors.
Ford F-150 by K Daddyz Kustoms
- Ford F-150 by K Daddyz Kustoms
- K Daddys Kustomz adds "In Your Face" to "Built Ford Tough." This extreme machine sits 17 inches over stock on a Bullet Proof lift kit installed by Shocker Motor Sports, Fox Racing Shox and Atlas leaf springs. The 22-inch Weld wheels wear 40x15.5x22 Toyo Tires. The F-150's 5.4-liter Triton V-8 mounts a ProCharger supercharger, Yukon gears, Kinetik power cell, and UPR billet dress up kit. K Daddys Kustomz applied the wild blue-on-blue flame paint scheme using Hot Hues by DuPont. Soft leather seats are surrounded by the sound of Titanium Power Audio and fiberglass speaker pods and plexiglass speaker box. Vizualogic supplied the headrest video and gaming system
- FMS Escape
- Escape the everyday with this custom Ford Escape by ATS Design. The Escape is ready for its getaway with a custom grille and racing-inspired front fascia that houses PIAA driving lamps in the lower corners. Side skirts, rear valence and rear spoiler complete the body transformation. An Eibach suspension provides a 2-inch drop over a sharp set of 20-inch Estorils by TSW Wheels. A Gibson performance exhaust delivers a throaty exhaust note from the 3.0-liter
V-6 while rear seat passengers enjoy INVISON Industries Revolution 2 DVD screens mounted in the headrests.
Make-A-Wish 1951 F-Series
- Make-A-Wish 1951 F-Series
- Justin Lilley had a wish. The young cancer patient asked the Make-A-Wish Foundation to help him restore his grandfather's 1951 Ford pickup. Make-A-Wish tapped the talents of the students at Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor Mich., with help from Ford Motor Company to perform a complete ground-up restoration. Justin's wish truck sits on a Fat Man tube chassis with a supercharged 4.6-liter V-8 under the fiberglass hood. The '51 Ford body is chopped and features suicide doors. The custom deep black paint is carried on to the Ford GT40 wheels. The interior is fitted with a custom dash, console, racing seats and a booming Alpine stereo system with custom speaker boxes.
Lincoln MKX by Barry's Speed Shop
- Lincoln MKX by Barry's Speed Shop
- This custom ride could easily be classified as 'dessert.' The delicious interior, bathed in supple Katzkin leather and suede, provides the perfect ambience to enjoy the INVISION Revolution 2 DVD screens in the headrests and Blaupunkt premium audio with 12-inch tube subwoofer. The Lincoln crossover is bathed in luxurious PPG black paint and dressed in a 3D Carbon body kit with custom grille, trim and blacked out tailamps by Barry's Speed Shop. An H&R suspension kit lowers the MKX over a sweet set of SRRC Wheels that show off the Baer Brakes custom rotors.
2008 F-150 FX-2 Sport
- 2008 F-150 FX-2 Sport
- The FX-2 takes trucking to a whole new level and the project FX-2 V2 ups the ante even further. The Vehicle Personalization branded windshield is just a hint of what's in store. Each side of the truck shows off a different set of new 22-inch wheels while the pure white paint is set off with contrasting stripes that run down the hood and across the hard tonneau cover and down the tailgate. Ford Racing provides a supercharger, radiator, chrome valve covers and custom exhaust along with a lowering kit and tall 4:10 final gear for extra get-up-and-go. Red illuminated sill plates provide the invitation to an interior that features headrest DVDs, BaluPunkt audio and HD radio.
Urban Rider Expedition
- Urban Rider Expedition
- Cruise the 'hood in style in the Urban Rider from 3D Carbon. The 2008 Expedition is converted to a hip street custom with a new front fascia, side rockers, rear bumper lower valance and rear tailgate spoiler. An Eibach performance suspension sets the Urban Rider down over polished NC-forged, six-spoke aluminum wheels wrapped in Pirelli rubber. A Katzkin two-tone leather interior and tinted windows add the finishing touches.
FORD CROSSOVERS AIM TO FUEL UNPRECEDENTED GROWTH WITH VEHICLE PERSONALIZATION
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 19 – Ford is blowing the doors off the competition in crossover sales growth this year, with a 52 percent sales increase in 2007 versus last year, but the company is continuing to push the segment's limits at this year's Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show.
Specially tuned and tarted up Ford Edge, Escape and Lincoln MKX models will be featured at the annual aftermarket extravaganza in Las Vegas on Oct. 30.
"CUVs continue to be the fastest-growing vehicle segment in the U.S., and we want to make sure buyers know there will be abundant personalization choices for them," said Kim Irwin, vehicle personalization and accessory manager. "By working with some of the best after market up-fitters and customizers, we are offering our Escape, Edge and Lincoln MKX buyers some dramatic interpretations of their vehicles."
The aftermarket industry also continues to grow every year with revenues expected to reach $40 billion by the end of 2007. The Ford F-150 is the most modified truck in the industry. More than half of Ford truck customers personalize their trucks. F-150 along with the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator will round out