More Arnage news: Bentley's big boy may be a hybrid by 2010
Now comes word from AutoCar that Bentley boss Franz-Josef Paefgen also wants to keep the near half century old 6.75L V-8 alive in the Arnage as well. With plans for a redesigned Arnage around the end of the decade, the old engine will need updates to meet new emissions requirements. One option for helping it achieve its clean-living goal is to mate it up with the new hybrid powertrain being developed for the Audi Q7, VW Touareg, and Porsche Cayenne. Paefgen acknowledges Bentley will have to face up to new fuel economy requirements and will do what is necessary to meet them. But in doing so they will continue to build "proper" Bentleys.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies