Toray to become first carbon fiber auto part maker
Toray is currently the sole supplier of carbon fiber for Boeing's 787 Dreamliner. Toray has said it intends to invest 55 billion yen into expanding the carbon fiber market by 24,000 tons: more than tripling the capacity in 2003, securing 40 percent of the carbon fiber market.
That's a lot of carbon fiber.
[Source: CNN, Reuters]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video