Tokyo 2007 Preview: Nissan Round Box (R.D/B.X) concept
Sure, the name "Round Box" might be oxymoronic, but Nissan's take on open-air motoring in the 21st century more than makes up for it's odd nomenclature. The concept is all about interaction, be it with the surroundings or other occupants, with a "right sized" cabin that allows easy communication inside and "road surface windows" that show the tarmac rolling beneath.
The styling is far from conventional, with its platypus-meets-Zed front clip, deep swage lines and upright rear playing nicely with the pushed out wheels and flared fenders.
We'll be sure to snap off a ton of photos while we're in Japan, but in the meantime, check out the gallery below and Nissan's press release after the jump.
Round Box (R.D/B.X)
Youth-Oriented Compact Convertible Provides Occupants With Sensation of Speed and Exhilaration
* Round Box represents a new take on open-air motoring, providing exhilaration for all passengers - not just the driver - through its uniquely shared experience of fresh air stimulation, a sensation of speed and easy-to-use high-spec features.
* An innovative, interactive "Play Catch" system allows the driver and passengers - including those in the rear seat - to share entertainment and driving information.
* The "right sized" space to facilitate communication between the four passengers. Never-before-experienced value created by combinations of heterogeneous elements.
* Contributing to the shared sensation of speed are unique "road surface windows," small glass panels placed close to the ground on both sides of the car, providing passengers with a view of the rapidly passing road surface, without the risk of road contact.
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models