With UL-approved ethanol pumps, 2008 could be big E85 year
Steve Tarter, writing in the Peoria Journal Star, explains that certification of ethanol pumps by Underwriters Laboratories is expected by the end of 2007. Once that happens, watch out. Mark Lambert, the Illinois Corn Marketing Board's marketing director, said that the official UL seal opens the door to many more stores to sell the biofuel. "We're not just looking at the Mom and Pop stores but chains like Wal-Mart that could add 300 E85 outlets at one time," he told Tarter.
[Source: Peoria Journal Star]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies