UPS fleet adds 300+ CNG and propane trucks
Orders for the new CNG (167) and propane (139) trucks have been placed, UPS announced today, and the trucks are destined for use in North America. The benefits include lower emissions (20 percent) and improved fuel economy (10 percent) compared to "the cleanest diesel engines available in the market today," according to the UPS release.
Biodiesel is also part of UPS' plans, with the biofuel being used at the UPS Worldport air hub in Louisville and 366 ground support vehicles scheduled to use B5 starting in early 2008. 300 here, 300 there, pretty soon you've really got something.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video