Ford to suspend Super Duty production
Beginning Monday, October 8, FoMoCo will suspend production of its F-series Super Duty pickup for two weeks. According to Ford, sales have slumped because of the housing slowdown (Damn subprime mortgage market!), a variable that seems to have a profound effect on pickup sales. Ford's sales analyst, George Pipas, says that the production halt is a way to avoid excess inventory and has nothing to do with September's sales decline of Ford pickups by 20.8-percent.
[Source: Automotive News – sub. req'd]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video