- Oct 1, 2007
AltWheels Video: GM describes Tahoe hybrid as a "big ass hybrid," Sir Mix-A-Lot would be proud
The video above is a tour of the GM booth at AltWheels Boston 2007. Sir Mix-A-Lot would be proud to know that GM described its new Tahoe hybrid, the company's first full hybrid, as a "big ass hybrid" in the video. That colorful wording proves GM definitely wants the public to think hybrids are big, powerful machines. The Tahoe is the heaviest car GM makes and in the video, you can hear how I was told the hybrid version even has a larger engine than normal. But hey, GM reduced weight in the Tahoe hybrid by making the doors and hood out of aluminum.
The video also includes a tour of GM's fuel cell Equinox. The Equinox has two connections for refueling, as you can see in the video: a data connection below the back license plate that tells the pump the status of the tank as well as a hydrogen connection. Finally, the video includes a quick look at the Malibu hybrid. The Malibu is a mild hybrid and will only get 34 mpg on the highway and 22 in the city. The Malibu mild hybrid starts production in October. The Tahoe full hybrid starts production in November. Oh, and don't forget about Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back video below the fold.
- VIDEO: Driving the GMC Yukon Two-Mode Hybrid
- ABG First Impressions: Two-Mode hybrid Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon
- GM will provide the fuel cell Equinoxes to customers for free
- Technical Analysis: 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell/HydroGen4
- Detroit Auto Show: Hybrid option for 2008 Chevy Malibu
- 2008 Chevy Malibu Hybrid to debut at Baseball All-Star Game