Last May 26th, the first known US incident where a failure of the natural gas fuel system lead to a fatality occurred when a man was refuelling a SuperShuttle. Further investigation by the California Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) has shown that the cause of the failure was corrossion crack in the fiberglass over-wrap. Acid from the battery had split on the tanks, probably because of a rear-end collision that happened three weeks before the incident.

The cylinder was an older model manufactured by Comdyne, and known for being sensitive to acids. It is recommended that after any collision or any suspect of tanks being in contact with acid, CNG tanks should be depressurized and then removed from service.

[Source: NGV]

I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.


    • 1 Second Ago
  • From Our Partners

    You May Like
    Links by Zergnet
    Share This Photo X