Next-Gen Astra likely to have a 2nd-generation mild hybrid
While a front-wheel-drive version of the Two-Mode system will debut in the Saturn Vue later in 2008, it is probably far to expensive to be practical in the Astra. Much more likely is the second generation mild hybrid system that was shown in an Opel Corsa at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The 2nd gen BAS system will use a stronger alternator starter and a lithium ion battery. This will allow it to be coupled to smaller engines and be more useful.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models