Strike stats: What's GM losing during the UAW walkout
A brief list of facts are posted after the jump that provide some perspective on what's being lost, what's at stake and how this will effect the automaker in the very near future.
[Source: Automotive News - Sub. Req.]
• Close to 100 plants are currently shuttered, including 19 assembly plants, 23 powertrain production centers, 18 stamping plants and 23 service and parts operations.
• Approximately 73,000 hourly workers are out on the street.
• General Motors is loosing 13,343 vehicles per day in the U.S. That doesn't include the effects of the strike on manufacturers abroad.
• GM's supply of vehicles ranges between 26 days for the Buick Enclave to 80 days for its full-size pickups and 'utes.
• GM shares have dropped 15 cents for the day, as of this writing.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video