GM Strike update: Plants close in Canada due to lack of supplies
Our neighbors to the north have official felt the crunch of the strike here at home, with the Oshawa, Ontario plant closing down production today after it ran out of parts to produce the Chevrolet Impala. Unfortunately, 3,000 workers have had to punch out and head home for the day as a result.
It's expected that another plant in Ontario that produces the Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick LaCrosse will have to shut down before the end of the day, while the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra plant is likely to close by the end of the week unless deliveries resume.
[Source: Automotive News – Sub. Req.]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video