GM Strike update: Plants close in Canada due to lack of supplies
Our neighbors to the north have official felt the crunch of the strike here at home, with the Oshawa, Ontario plant closing down production today after it ran out of parts to produce the Chevrolet Impala. Unfortunately, 3,000 workers have had to punch out and head home for the day as a result.
It's expected that another plant in Ontario that produces the Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick LaCrosse will have to shut down before the end of the day, while the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra plant is likely to close by the end of the week unless deliveries resume.
[Source: Automotive News – Sub. Req.]
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
From Our Partners
You May Like
Links by Zergnet