BMW USA offering factory performance parts, with full warranty
BMW has officially thrown its hat in the performance parts game here in the U.S., likely rivaling the products available from aftermarket firms and coming complete with a factory-backed warranty.
Beginning with the 3-series and Z4, BMW is offering a host of components, from brake upgrades to engine kits, that will boost performance and not cause owners to fear a trip to the dealer for service. Some of the parts include carbon fiber and aluminum strut braces, 3.07:1 performance diffs, lowering kits, performance exhausts and a engine package for three-liter models that includes new camshafts and a modified ECU that boosts output to 235 HP and 222 lb.-ft. or torque.
All of the wonderful tidbits can be procured after the jump, and we'd suspect good things to come from the Bimmer boys when they release packages designed for the 335i and the upcoming 135i.
BMW PERFORMANCE PARTS: Factory-backed performance enhancements for the Ultimate Driving Machine
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - September 18, 2007... BMW is proud to release its new line of BMW Performance parts that can enhance the acceleration, handling and braking performance of your BMW vehicle. Available from any BMW Center in the US, these components take the vehicle's capabilities to levels that those familiar with BMW's racing heritage can appreciate. All BMW Performance parts are backed by BMW and are designed to properly work with your BMW vehicle. Unlike other components that one may find in the performance marketplace, fit and finish is at BMW's high OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) standards.
BMW produces its Performance parts to maintain all emissions certification, noise compliance and occupant comfort and protection requirements. Also integrated into the design and development of all BMW Performance Parts are crash-worthiness, prolonged service life, factory appearance and of course, incredible performance you can feel with no compromise to either environment or owner.
BMW Performance parts do not adversely affect the new vehicle warranty. These components are Original BMW Accessories and as such, carry the full BMW Parts and Accessory Limited Warranty. If a component was installed by an authorized BMW center at the time of new vehicle purchase, the component is covered by the same terms and conditions as the new vehicle warranty. If installed separately, all BMW Performance parts carry a two-year unlimited mileage warranty.
Initially, BMW Performance parts will be offered for the 3 Series Sedans, Coupes, Convertibles and Sport Wagons as well as the Z4 Roadster and Coupe.
* BMW Performance Exhaust - This stainless-steel exhaust reduces backpressure and weight while producing a sound that is perfectly balanced for performance and a comfort. At 6,000 rpm, five additional horsepower is achieved with an 8.8-pound weight reduction for improved dynamic performance. Two stainless steel tips with a brushed finish connect to a muffler with a straight-through design and it replaces the entire rear muffler section. For 2004-2006 3 Series models (previous generation.)
* BMW Performance Engine Kit - This upgrades your 330's engine to a full 235 horsepower and 222 lb-ft of torque, up 10 horsepower and eight lb-ft. Through the use of specifically-tuned camshafts and a modified DME, maximum engine speed is raised from 6,500 rpm to 6,800 rpm. For all 2004 - 2006 330i, 330Ci and 330xi models (previous generation.)
* BMW Performance Shift Kit - Offering a 25% reduction in shift lever travel, more precise shifting can be realized on manual transmission models. With an Alcantara and aluminum shift knob, this shifter assembly provides a more direct feel with increases response. Designed for 2004 - 2006 3 Series models (previous generation.)
* BMW Performance Strut Brace - Increase vehicle stability by tying the two front strut towers together. Constructed of Carbon Fiber and Aluminum, this brace installs easily and looks as fantastic as it works, as it is the perfect underhood accessory for the detail-oriented. Fits 1999-2007 3 Series except 335i models.
* BMW Performance Differential - A 3.07:1 ratio greatly improves acceleration by a half second through a 5% axle ratio increase from 2.93:1. This complete differential can bolt right into any 2002-2006 330i without the Performance Package (previous generation.)
* BMW Performance Suspension - For those who want greater capability in the turns and a reduced ride height this kit is here to serve. With its performance-calibrated struts, shocks and springs, the components in this kit are matched for optimum performance on the track without compromising ride quality on the street. On certain models, a front lower control arm set and stabilizer bars are included as well. A kit is available for the current E90 3 Series Sedan and the previous generation 3 Series variants except models with the factory Sport Package.
* BMW Performance Cross Drilled Rotors - Add M3 stopping power to your 3 Series. Up front, these two-piece composite rotors are a direct replacement and greatly improve braking in wet and performance driving. For the rear, the one-piece cross drilled rotors add competition appearance and balanced braking. Engineered for 2005-2006 330i and 330xi models.
* BMW Performance Air Intake System - Increase the power and underhood appearance on your vehicle. This system adds three horsepower at 6,000 rpm, and replaces the factory airbox and filter assembly for a 24% increase in airflow. No reprogramming of the DME is required and there is no negative influence on emissions output. The injection molded airbox is topped with a carbon fiber insert with "BMW Performance" worded on top. Available for 2004-2006 325i and 330i variants.
* BMW Performance Wheel - Nothing makes a car come alive than the right set of wheels. These two-tone Ferric Gray 18- and 19-inch one-piece alloy wheels are two pounds lighter than the factory offerings for enhanced driving dynamics and appearance. These staggered multi-spoke wheels are available as a complete set with tires already mounted, or can be purchased individually without a tire. Applications include 2003-2007 Z4 Roadsters and Coupes (18x8.0/18x8.5) and previous- and current-generation RWD 3 Series vehicles (19x8.0/19x9.0.)
- Mid-engine Corvette spied in daylight
- Matt LeBlanc threatens to quit Top Gear
- Best Lease Deals for June 2016