Chicago shifting city vehicles to hybrids, buys 300 Toyotas
Chicago is one of the largest cities in the US and they want to get greener. The city currently has 5,400 vehicles in their municipal fleet and they have decided to spend $8.7 million over the next three years on hybrid vehicles. They will be purchasing 300 Toyota Priuses and Camry and Highlander hybrids, split evenly among them. The vehicles will be put into service with the police and fire departments. Another goal of the program is to boost the number of alternative fuel vehicles in the city fleet by ten percent annually.
[Source: Chicago Tribune]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video