Bosch wants to take advantage of growing demand for hybrids
Bosch has assigned over 250 engineers to hybrid development including creating modular components that auto-makers can purchase to apply to their vehicles. The Bosch parallel hybrid system is being developed as an electric motor/generator module that can be combined with existing transmissions. This differs from most current production hybrid systems where the electric drive hardware is incorporated into the transmission.
Bosch is also teaming up with transmission manufacturer to develop a hybrid setup to work with their dual clutch transmissions. Bosch says they have customer deals for both gas and diesel hybrids although they haven't announced who they are yet.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models