Time tackles 50 worst cars of all time
The list features most of the obvious suspects like the Pontiac Aztek, the AMC Pacer and the legendary East German Trabant. The list also includes some much more obscure models like the 1899 Horsey Horseless pictured above. There are some real surprises on the list too. Who would expect to find the Model T on a list of worst cars ever? Or that environmental icon, the GM EV-1?
Even if you don't agree, they actually provide some decent rationales for choosing these cars. As popular as the Model T was, it wasn't very sophisticated even for it's time. There is also the issue of the societal and environmental costs that have come along with mass adoption of cars.
Thanks to all who tipped in.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies