Saab's offering up a Nordic Edition 9-5 for 2008, and no that doesn't mean an integrated sauna in the SportCombi and a complimentary copy of ABBA's Greatest Hits, alltför dålig
. The package is available as an upgrade for mid-level Vector versions of the sedan and wagon, and consists of cosmetic, equipment, and comfort enhancements. Leather swathes the entire interior, which gets a better audio system, special metallic trim and an electrochromic rearview mirror. New 17-inch alloys fill out the wheel openings, and the roof rails get a nice matte finish, while the rest of the exterior gets a monochromatic treatment. Theres even two new exterior colors; Pepper Green sounds good enough to eat, while Snow Silver won out over Straw Goat
Press release after the jump.
Saab is celebrating its Scandinavian roots by adding an enhanced value Nordic Edition to the Saab 9-5 Sedan and SportCombi range for Model Year 2008.
Available as an upgrade for all Vector variants, the Nordic Edition* includes the following features as part of an extensive standard specification: a full leather sports interior, a leather/matte aluminum steering wheel, upgraded audio, cruise control, parking assistance, unique 17-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels and an auto-dimming rear- view mirror. The SportCombi also includes matte aluminum roof rails and a storage tray under the rear cargo floor.
Offering a choice of two Saab BioPower engines, the Saab 9-5 continues to be Sweden's best selling 'flex-fuel' vehicle. The range is available for the new model year in three specifications, Linear, Vector and Aero, with an all-turbo engine line-up offering 150 (110 kW) to 260 hp (191 kW).
Other enhancements include:
- Color-keyed exterior door handles, sill extensions and rubbing strips standard across the range
- Metallic, 'dark steel' fascia and interior trim introduced in Vector variants
- Luxury, premium natural leather upholstery offered an option
- New 16-inch alloy wheels offered for Linear and Vector variants
- New 17-inch alloy wheels offered for Vector and Aero variants
- Two new metallic colors, pepper green and snow silver.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TMS) optional for Aero models
* Details may vary according to market.