Norwegian ads can't say cars are green, environmental, clean or natural
Many car makers (Toyota, GM, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Saab and Suzuki) have had phrases in ads called misleading by Norway. Toyota dared to call the Prius "the world's most environmentally friendly car." What's wrong with that? Norway says that can't be proven. You have to document all aspects of production then compare that to all other cars. "In practice that can't be done" says Oeverli, so they can't say it. There are fines if they do.
[Source: Treehugger via Reuters]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies