New York buses to turn stop lights green
The system is called MIRT or Mobile Infra Red Transmitter. It's used by emergency vehicles like ambulances and police to get through traffic easier in an emergency. The advantage for buses could be better fuel economy because they would not need to stop and idle as much. You can make your own stop light remote control but if you are caught, there is a maximum fine of $10,000 or 6 months in jail.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models