BP and AGF get green light from EU to build ethanol plant in the UK
Since BP is an oil company and AGF is dedicated to food, some voices raised against possible concerns in manipulating the market, affecting prices and free market concurrence. The resulting alliance between the two does not reach a significant percentage (less than 25 percent) of the market, so the EU gave its green light to the project.
The plant will start producing ethanol to be mixed with gasoline in 2010.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies