Reports say Porsche buying majority stake in VW
Porsche makes sports cars. VW does carbon offsets. When you think VW, James Dean in a roadster race car is probably not the first ting that comes to mind. Maybe Porsche has seen the modern Deans (DiCaprio, Damon) driving a Prius and decided to buy VW's green tech? The times they are a changin'.
Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung and Der Spiegel magazine, citing unnamed sources in the stock market, say it may take a while to cross the 50 percent mark. So expect the 7 billion euro deal to break the start of 2008. Then VW Beetle drivers everywhere can feel a little bit cooler.
Update: While it may seem like a clash of cultures, Porsche and VW has had a very long and close working relationship.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models