Volkswagen demos their future car technology for German Foreign Minister
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier visited California this week and Volkswagen put on a demonstration of some of their technology. VW brought a prototype of their upcoming Jetta TDI, a Touran HyMotion fuel cell prototype and Junior. Junior is the autonomous driving Passat TDI wagon that VW and Stanford University are entering in the DARPA Urban Challenge this fall. The Jetta is a test version of the fifty-state-legal diesel car that will go on sale next March. The Touran is a small van that VW is testing in conjunction with the California Fuel Cell Partnership.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies