Toyota has sold 100,000+ hybrids in Europe
Take all Toyota and Lexus sales in Europe since 2000, figure out which of those vehicles were hybrids and you'll get a number larger than 101,235. That's how many Toyota has sold as of the end of July. If Toyota ever wondered if hybrids were a good idea in diesel-friendly Europe, these sales - and the fact that Toyota sold more than 50,000 hybrids in the last 13 months - must be making the decision easier to justify. As in America, the Prius is the runaway best-seller, with more than 73,000 sold in Europe. Thierry Dombreval, executive vice-president of Toyota Motor Europe, now calls the gas-electric hybrid powertrain "a mainstream technology for Europe." Let's get that next-gen Prius out already.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies