DeLorean revival officially confirmed for next year
You may remember a post we did back in January about the DeLorean Motor Company selling flux capacitors and hover conversion kits on its website. The fictional for-sale items were a joke that got a lot of attention for the Texas-based company that's been selling old DeLorean parts and making new ones since 1995. That business has been going like gangbusters, so much so that the company has announced that it plans to begin selling new DeLoreans next year for $57,500. They will be built by hand at the rate of one to two cars per month, and be nearly identical to the originals. The company will update the interior as well as provide stronger, more modern engines, and it may go further to address other shortcomings of John DeLorean's original design.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX