Buckle Up: Seat belt saves choking driver
Upon impact, Mr Earp's seat belt performed what amounted to be an unassisted heimlich maneuver on him, clearing the blockage that had caused him to lose consciousness and control of his car. No one else was hurt, and the only harm done was to the two vehicles involved in the crash. Mr. Earp, who collapsed after exiting the car when he regained consciousness, was taken to the hospital for observation and later released.
The lessons learned here are very simple:
- Buckle up, because your seat belt can save you in more ways than one.
- Put the damned sandwich down and wait till you get to the office to stuff your face. Capisce?
Autoblog accepts vehicle loans from auto manufacturers with a tank of gas and sometimes insurance for the purpose of evaluation and editorial content. Like most of the auto news industry, we also sometimes accept travel, lodging and event access for vehicle drive and news coverage opportunities. Our opinions and criticism remain our own — we do not accept sponsored editorial.
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models