Woodward Dream Cruise 2007: V6 'Vette, as in Chevette
Phil of Berkley, Mich., bought this particular Chevette brand new in 1976. Twelve years ago, he decided it was just lacking something. But what? Oh yeah. It lacked two extra cylinders, a supercharger and, of course, nitrous.
He says even after all the mods, including side exhaust an some super-nonstandard rear tires, the thing is quite streetable and still gets 27 mpg.
Check out more photos of this V6 'Vette in our galleries.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models