Ford plans to cut rental sales again in 2008
The cuts next year will be spread evenly across Ford's lineup, rather than focusing on one or two specific models. However, the automaker still plans to pursue fleet sales to government and commercial entities, as it provides a substantial source of income.
Pipas goes on to say that although Ford wants to reduce the Blue Oval's rental car saturation, those programs provide the automaker a place for consumers to interact with its vehicles first hand, and it may compel some to head to their local dealer to pursue a more long-term relationship.
[Source: Automotive News – Sub. Req.]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models