Miles Automotive trying to be first to market with a full speed $30K EV
According to company founder Miles Rubin, they expect to get their first prototypes this fall and they need to make some changes to meet US safety regulations. Unfortunately sourcing a car, especially one with lithium batteries from China, may make that a particularly difficult challenge. Recent crash tests of Chinese-built cars in Europe have had particularly catastrophic results. Miles may have a tough time meeting safety standards and still hitting their price target.
[Source: CNN Money]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies