50 MPG CAFE standard... in a TV ad?
Bill Richardson's (one of the Democratic presidential candidates) new TV ad includes a reference to a 50 MPG CAFE standard. Bill must be the automotive industry's nightmare candidate. The car industry is already in a serious fight over the new CAFE standard in the energy bill. Even car companies that support oil taxes don't like CAFE. Bill is willing to put his CAFE plan as the second point in a 30 second TV ad. That must have them worried.
Below the fold is a video of Bill talking about a 100 MPG car. I recorded that in late May when he was on Meet The Press. He was responding to a question asking if his CAFE standard would bankrupt American car industry. It's hard to compare all the candidates on CAFE, alternative fuels, etc. because it's so early. The actual election is over a year away.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies