EU blinks regarding blanket CO2 standard for automakers
The alternate approach would set aggressive CO2 limits that would factor the car's weight into the final number. This is similar to what's done in Japan, and if adopted, might even hasten the sale of Jaguar and Land Rover. One of the reported holdups in that saga has been prospective buyer One Equity Partners LLC's concern over how new EU CO2 rules would impact the brands.
Until legislation passes, everything is subject to change, and there are people like MEP Chris Davies to contend with. Davies, you may remember, is the politician whose ridiculously overzealous, anti-car proposals include a ban on vehicles capable of going more than 100mph.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies