New Euro CO2 rules could hurt Ford attempt to sell Jaguar and Land Rover
It looks like many of the potential bidders for Ford's two remaining British brands, Jaguar and Land Rover, are in the private equity business and won't necessarily have other car brands in their portfolio. The new rules could put a damper on the types of vehicles they build and limit the possible value of the brands. One possibility is that Ford could maintain a minority stake in both companies which may allow them to count their emissions along with the rest of the Ford fleet.
[Source: Detroit News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies