Mercedes-Benz to add start-stop capability to entire lineup
Following on the heels of BMW's decision to add Efficient Dynamics technology to pretty much their entire model lineup, Mercedes has decided to do start doing much the same thing. Starting with the A and B Class small cars in September, Mercedes will be adding engine start-stop capabilities on all their cars. The small front wheel drive models will reportedly be using the Valeo belt drive system while the larger rear wheel drive models will use a different system. Those models will rely on an integrated flywheel starter-generator similar to what General Motors had on their now-discontinued parallel hybrid pickup trucks.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models