More details on the Porsche Cayenne hybrid
The hybrid setup uses an electric motor situated next to the engine that can send torque to all four wheels. A clutch between the engine and transmission allow auto-shutoff of the engine and electric power mode at up to 75mph, battery charge permitting. The Cayenne will have electro-hydraulic steering and braking as well as electric air conditioning. The Porsche engineers are also working to reduce the 330lb weight gain by eventually replacing the NiMH battery pack with a lithium ion unit, but that won't be ready for start of production.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models