Tesla Roadster gets Gold International Design Excellence Award
The Industrial Designer's Society of America (ISDA) and BusinessWeek have chosen the Tesla Roadster to receive a Gold IDEA award. ISDA gives the awards annually in a variety of categories and the Roadster won in the EcoDesign category. A jury made up of members of the society judge the entries based on characteristics such as innovation, aesthetics, environment and others. If all goes well, we will be seeing the first production examples of this groundbreaking electric sports car in just over two months.
[Source: Tesla] The 2008 Tesla Roadster Wins Gold International Design Excellence Award (IDEA) Sponsored Jointly by BusinessWeek Magazine and the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA)
- The Industrial Designer's Society of America and BusinessWeek Magazine jointly recognized The 2008 Tesla Roadster with a Gold IDEA award.
- With more than 3,300 members and 28 chapters IDSA is the voice of the industrial design profession, advancing the quality and positive impact of design.
- In the same issue, BusinessWeek offers a comprehensive overview of Tesla Motors in the competitive landscape in an article entitled, "A Carmaker with Silicon Valley Spark"
BACKGROUND: TESLA MOTORS
- Tesla Motors develops and manufactures vehicles that exemplify "Design, Performance, and Efficiency" while conforming to all U.S. safety, environmental, and durability standards.
The Tesla Roadster, a stylish, high-performance, 100% electric sports car, accelerates to 60 mph in about 4 seconds and has a range of more than 200 miles on a single charge.
- Tesla Motors expects to start shipping Roadsters to customers this Fall.
- Tesla Motors was founded in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning to create efficient electric cars for people who love to drive.
- Tesla Motors currently employs more than 250 people, including teams in California, Michigan, the U.K. and Taiwan. For more information, visit www.teslamotors.com
Attributable to Franco Lodato, Director Head, R&D Division, North American Region, Pininfarina Extra USA:
- "A high octane experience with low voltage rush. The Tesla Roadster represents the best mix of innovation, environmental care and style. Definitely the kind of products new consumers are willing to try."
Attributable to Darryl Siry, Tesla Motors VP of Marketing, Sales and Service:
- Tesla Motors is anchored on three brand attributes: Design, Performance, Efficiency. The design of the 2008 Roadster is a critical component of its success, and this recognition by the Industrial Designers Society of America represents a validation of our strategy in building the kind of car that allows consumers to indulge in their passion for motoring and while enjoying the image of a beautiful, highly efficient, emissions-free sports car."
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX