U.S. General Services Administration buys 55 Saturn Aura Green Line hybrids
The U.S. General Services Administration GSA announced this week that it has updated 55 cars in the Federal fleet by taking delivery of that many Saturn Aura Green Line hybrids. The cars are destined for the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps and Navy, and to the Departments of Transportation, Interior, Energy and Commerce, the Environmental Protection Agency and National Space and Aeronautics Administration (leases of 43 of the vehicles will make up that portion). GSA will keep the other 12 to use as daily driver and for demonstrations, for example during sales presentations to federal customers.
The Aura hybrids are just the latest greening of the GSA fleet. Since 1991, GSA has purchased over 140,000 alternative fuel vehicles and hybrids.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies