The last of the video clips from the Goodwood Festival of Speed, this is the parade of cars from the Hanna-Barbera cartoon, Wacky Races. Don't remember that great series? Here's a wiki link to bring you up to speed. (If you have Boomerang on your cable or satellite service, you can catch episodes there, too - Ed.) The cartoon only ran for two years (1968-1970) and revolved around a racing series featuring wacky vehicles piloted by even wackier drivers. It was loosely based on the cartoonish movie, "The Great Race."
The quintessential villains on the show were Dick Dastardly and his dog, Muttley. Even though their #00 Mean Machine was probably the fastest thing on the planet, they always managed to bungle things. Rather than keeping their eyes on the prize, they were constantly trying to stop the other racers from finishing and it always ended in them losing the race.
The other vehicles and characters from the series are listed below.
- 01 The Slag Brothers in the Bouldermobile
- 02 The Gruesome Twosome in the Creepy Coupe
- 03 Professor Pat Pending in the Convert-a-Car
- 04 Red Max in the Crimson Haybailer
- 05 Penelope Pitstop in the Compact Pussycat
- 06 Sergeant Blast and Private Meekly in the Army Surplus Special
- 07 The Ant Hill Mob in the Bulletproof Bomb
- 08 Luke and Blubber Bear in the Arkansas Chuggabug
- 09 Peter Perfect in the Turbo Terrific
- 10 Rufus Ruffcut and Sawtooth in the Buzz Wagon
Better quality vid available by clicking here.